Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht

Friday, October 22, 2004

More John Stewart Stuff

I'm glad to hear WSJ has a piece dealing with John Stewart. I have now complained so much about my wife watching "The Daily Show," I think she has given it up. She is not a very political person, but really enjoys the show. I can't count the number of times I moaned in anguish, "Can't you see that this guy is fully invested in advancing the liberal project?" She always looked at me very much as my cats would have if I said it to one of them.

How anybody could have seen Stewart as some sort of comic independent is beyond me. When liberals come on the show, you can feel the love and the "you're safe here" attitude. When conservatives appear, you feel the friction beneath the surface. Jonah Goldberg increased my already strong respect for him when he took a seat and dominated with humor and charm, very much the way Ronald Reagan might have done it.

No comments: