"There is always a philosophy for lack of courage."—Albert Camus

Monday, January 31, 2005

Iraqi Blogger Describes Voting . . .

American leftists should put their Bush-hatred aside and read this from Iraq the Model. Just to whet your appetite, here's a little taste:

I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants.

I put the paper in the box and with it, there were tears that I couldn't hold; I was trembling with joy and I felt like I wanted to hug the box but the supervisor smiled at me and said "brother, would you please move ahead, the people are waiting for their turn".

1 comment:

Tlaloc said...

A vote is not a vote when the people have no idea who they are voting for now is it? Names were not posted, only parties. Those parties often had no publicized platform. This is not democracy, it's russian roulette. To give the appearance of progress without the substance is not worth salivating over.