Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht

Monday, February 21, 2005

New York Times and About.com?

For reasons that I may never understand, the New York Times has acquired About.com for $410 million. About.com? You have got to be kidding me. I've visited the About.com network on a few occasions but have never been overwhelmed by the content or design. How often have you been talking to someone and heard them reference About.com? "Yeah, I was just doing some research for my trip and spent a lot of time at About.com reading about mountain biking."

If I were an NYT shareholder, I'd be furrowing my brow right about now. Of course, I am a Krispy Kreme shareholder and the brow's been furrowed for a few months now.

1 comment:

Jay D. Homnick said...

As Dr. Ben Zycher says: Brows are being furrowed and furrows are being browed...

(I think of that every hour or so and chuckle all over again.)