Mensch tracht, und Gott lacht

Thursday, August 24, 2006

And Here I Am, Using My Own Nose, Like a Sucker!

Yes, in the Omniculture, everything happens.

The New York Times has brought on a perfume critic, AP reports. The column will appear frequently in the Times's style magazine. In a statement, new Times perfume critic Chandler Burr said, “Every other true art has a serious criticism. I believe perfume should as well.” He said he intends to take his new position very seriously.

Well, I suppose somebody has to—and it makes sense that it would be the person who's being paid for it. . . .

From Karnick on Culture.

3 comments:

Kathy Hutchins said...

I think the whole thing stinks.

S. T. Karnick said...

I won't know until the Times tells me.

Kathy Hutchins said...

"Chandler Burr" is another two-last-names specimen. I believe I may have to edit William Buckley slightly: I would only consent to be governed by the first 2000 names in the Boston telephone directory if we can strike off all the two-last-name SOBs.